Latest News

  1. Flick tells Barcelona not to sign Inter star

    Hansi Flick has reportedly intervened in Barcelona’s transfer market, stalling a €70 million move for Inter defender Alessandro Bastoni. The German manager has expressed tactical concerns regarding Bastoni's lack of recovery speed, fearing that pairing the Italian with young star Pau Cubarsí would leave the Blaugrana’s high defensive line exposed to counter-attacks.

  2. Dortmund drop Sancho, eye Nwaneri

    Borussia Dortmund sporting director Ole Book has shifted the club’s transfer strategy, cooling interest in a permanent move for Jadon Sancho to prioritise a creative playmaker. The German side are eyeing 19-year-old Arsenal starlet Ethan Nwaneri – currently on loan at Marseille – as the ideal successor to Julian Brandt, though a high valuation remains a significant hurdle.

  3. Brazil relied on Neymar for ‘too long’, says Cafu

    Brazil legend Cafu believes the Selecao have hindered their own pursuit of a sixth world title by placing an unfair burden of responsibility on Neymar for over a decade. The legendary full-back argued that the lack of a supporting cast around the Santos forward has been the primary reason for the nation’s 24-year trophy drought on the global stage.

  4. ‘Great story’ at Chelsea used as inspiration for Derry & Co

    Reece James is considered to be a “great story” at Chelsea that acts as inspiration for the likes of Jesse Derry and other starry-eyed academy hopefuls. The Blues have always kept a pathway open to their first-team for the hottest of prospects, but Gary Cahill has explained to GOAL why it is “natural” that said journey will sometimes prove difficult to complete.

  1. McFarlane reveals Xabi Alonso text after FA Cup final loss

    Chelsea interim head coach Calum McFarlane has confirmed that the Stamford Bridge dressing room is buzzing following the official appointment of Xabi Alonso. Despite the heartbreak of Saturday’s FA Cup final defeat, McFarlane revealed he has already exchanged messages with his successor and insists the players are energised by the prospect of working under the former Real Madrid and Bayer Leverkusen manager.

  2. Official: Flick signs contract extension at Barca

    Barcelona have officially secured the long-term future of Hansi Flick, with the German tactician putting pen to paper on a contract extension that keeps him at the club until June 2028. The former Bayern Munich boss has transformed the Catalan giants into a dominant force again, clinching five trophies during his impressive two-year tenure so far.

  3. USMNT star Wright the subject of ‘big bid’ transfer prediction

    Haji Wright helped Coventry to promotion in 2025-26, but Clinton Morrison has told GOAL that the USMNT star may struggle to become a 15-goal Premier League striker. With that in mind, as another transfer window prepares to swing open this summer, could the United States international be the subject of a “big bid” that takes him away from Frank Lampard’s squad?

  4. Bruno Fernandes

    Fernandes eager to surpass Henry & De Bruyne after equalling assist record

    Manchester United captain Bruno Fernandes has admitted his pride after equalling the all-time Premier League record for the most assists in a single season. The Portuguese playmaker notched his 20th assist of the season during Sunday's victory over Nottingham Forest, equalling the mark jointly held by Thierry Henry and Kevin De Bruyne, but has also admitted he is eager to claim the record outright when United wrap up their campaign at Brighton.